ERROR 001156: Find closest facility task of Network analyst in ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2?

Jump to solution
08-01-2017 12:07 AM
dineshpatil2
New Contributor III

I am unable to solve a closest facility problem in ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 with ArcPy.

I was performing 'FindClosestFacilities' task of network analyst.

During the processing, I received following error message:

"A geoprocessing error occurred.
ERROR 001156: Failed on input OID '32769', could not write value '32769' to output field ORIG_FID
Failed to execute (FeatureClassToFeatureClass).
Failed to execute (FindClosestFacilities)."

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is a known bug, fixed by upgrading to ArcMap 10.4

https://community.esri.com/message/703855-arcpy-bug-find-closest-facility-error-001156-could-not-wri... as reported in this and your other thread.

If you can't upgrade, reduce the size of your dataset so that the possible values of the orig_id are less than the maximum.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is a known bug, fixed by upgrading to ArcMap 10.4

https://community.esri.com/message/703855-arcpy-bug-find-closest-facility-error-001156-could-not-wri... as reported in this and your other thread.

If you can't upgrade, reduce the size of your dataset so that the possible values of the orig_id are less than the maximum.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Bug number .... and another with the same root cause

dineshpatil2
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Dinesh, if it worked, could you please mark the correct answer so that people will know a solution was found

0 Kudos
dineshpatil2
New Contributor III

Yes Dan. Definitely I will mark the post as a correct answer once it will get verified with latest version like ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4 or higher version.

0 Kudos
dineshpatil2
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

I performed the "find closest facility" task in ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1, and  it executed successfully. So there is no need to reduce the size of input facility dataset.