Error 000224 when running Delete Identical on SDE enterprise database

Jump to solution
02-03-2024 03:54 PM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I am attempting to run Delete Identical on a feature hosted on an enterprise geodatabase and keep receiving the Error 000224: Cannot insert features.  This occurs when running from a standalone Python script and running the tool directly in ArcGIS Pro.  I have tried both a user with appropriate permissions and the geodata owner.  If I export the data to a local GDB everything runs great.

LanceCole_0-1707004145355.png

Error 000224 is typically related to mismatched field definitions between incoming features and the output feature class. But this tool modifies the existing feature class, so they should be the same.

This is similar to the issue reported by @MulfordnSons  in arcpy.DeleteIdentical_management does not delete identicals in ESRI sqlite database. However, this was to have been resolved in ArGIS Pro 3.0.  Currently running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1, the database is hosted on an MS SQL Server as an 11.2 version enterprise database.

Any ideas?

I did submit a support ticket, but it will be Monday or Tuesday before they get back to me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

After working with ESRI support, this was confirmed as a Bug.  BUG-000166278  

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

I am running into the same issue, did you ever get this resolved?

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I am still working with ESRI support to narrow down the issue.  They were able to replicate the problem and are leaning towards a bug.

JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, we just recently updated to 11.2 and performance/stability has greatly improved but this is a bummer.

In the meantime I am using an update cursor to perform the same function.

0 Kudos
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Did support ever identify a bug?  I am also running into this issue.  It works from a file geodatabase as expected in Pro.  We are on 10.9 still so I tried the enterprise GDB in ArcMap and it worked fine, but i would prefer using this tool in Pro.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I am still working with support on this issue.  We have another session scheduled for tomorrow to capture some SQL logs.  They have been able to replicate the issue.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Out of curiosity, if you are experiencing the same issue, what enterprise database platform are we using?  I am experiencing this on MS SQL.

0 Kudos
JessieBrain
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Was there any resolution here?

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

After working with ESRI support, this was confirmed as a Bug.  BUG-000166278  

BrandenHarding
New Contributor II

Lance - your link takes me to My Esri but the bug does not show up? Has ESRI provided a timeline for a fix? The same is happening to me now on ArcPro 3.2.2.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a version between 3.1 and 3.2.2 where this bug doesn't happen? We need the upsert ability that comes with ver 3.1 but also need this delete ident toolset to work....

0 Kudos