Environment stuck at 2.6 after update to 2.7

01-27-2021 08:08 AM
EvanLafford1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm updating to ArcGIS Pro 2.7.0, and it seems that the python environment installed with it is 2.6. I had deleted all references to Arcpy/Conda/ArcGIS, did a clean install of the direct 2.7 download, and I get this when trying to import arcpy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version of the binaries in the active Python environment do
not match the version of the binaries of the ArcGIS Pro application.

Active environment version : 2.6
arcgispro-py3 environment version : 2.7

To create a new environment that is up to date with arcgispro-py3:
1. Generate a list of additional packages installed in your current environment,
with the conda command:
> conda env export > env.yaml
2. (Optional) If you have additional dependencies installed through pip,
find those with pip freeze:
> pip freeze > requirements.txt
2. Create a new environment by cloning arcgispro-py3, and activate it:
> conda create --clone arcgispro-py3 --name my-env --pinned
> activate my-env
3. Add back missing conda packages from your current environment:
> conda env update -n my-env -f env.yaml
4. (Optional) Add back missing packages from pip:
> pip install -r requirements.txt
5. (Optional) Make it the default for the ArcGIS Pro application and the
"Python Command Prompt":
> proswap my-env

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone else was able to fix this, or had this problem. To be clear, when I follow the steps - the exact same thing happens.

Digging into the files in the conda packages, I see that it's called "arcpy-2.7-py37_arcgispro_26810" which may be where it's getting the mismatch during install. I don't quite know enough to parse it properly. This is both with the default install, and with a clone.

Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what does 

sys.version
'3.7.9 [MSC v.1922 64 bit (AMD64)]'

report?

I could be your pip installs.  Are the packages you need only available through pip?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EvanLafford1
New Contributor II

That's exactly what it says.

3.7.9 [MSC v.1922 64 bit (AMD64)]

I haven't installed anything through PIP yet, I did a clean install and tried to import arcpy.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Which would suggest that you clean uninstall may not have included things in your c:\users...appdata\esri etc.

I tend to rename any esri folders there between dot.X versions and on a bad day do the same with my registry

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same message after 2.7.1 installation.  I had a invalid clone environment in my ArcGIS Pro (Settings->Python->Manage Environments). I removed broken clone and create new one. It took a while, but after that running python scripts in command prompt seems to works fine.

0 Kudos