Calculate Correlation and P-value between rasters

Jump to solution
07-02-2019 10:15 PM
margaritastevia
New Contributor II

Hi Xander Bakker‌ I have used this script and got two rasters  "correlation" and "pearson". Which one is the P-value? 

Branched from https://community.esri.com/thread/200534-re-correlation-between-two-different-rasters 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi zhangyywhigg ,

If you only have two data values (comparing each pixel between 2 rasters) you will have a perfect linear relationship and will have a result of -1 or +1, so that would not make much sense. What are you trying to obtain?

0 Kudos
YingyingZhang
New Contributor

Dear Xander Bakker,

I have calculated the coefficient of correlation between two rasters using arcgis spatial analyst tool——multivariate——band collection statistics,and the result of coefficient wasn't the -1 or 1, but it got a .txt result. The problem I want to solve is to find the pixel-by-pixel correlation coefficients and P-values between two layers. I don't know whether the methods of band collection statistics is related to the direct calculation of the correlation between the two rasters. If the only two rasters will have a result of -1 or +1, what methods can visualize the correlation between the two rasters?

0 Kudos