Map Service Publishing Error Question

11-10-2022 11:17 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I've recently installed ArcGIS Server, Web Adaptor, and Data Store (10.9.1) on our new server and was attempting to publish a map service but received some confusing information.

For this particular publish event, my data resides in a folder that contains my feature classes within separate geodatabases.  I've registered the main folder within Data Store.  By "main" you can think of the folder tree as being for example: \GISDatabases\Basemaps\Base.gdb\CityLimits where the registration was applied at the "GISDatabases" level to ensure all subfolders, like  Basemaps, will be included in the registration.  I checked and this was successfully validated but I am getting the all too familiar error code 24011 whereby the "Layers data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server".  I would rather not ignore this error and publish anyway.

Can someone help me understand why my registration is not being picked up?

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of the folder registration setup in AGS Manager?  You are using UNC path and not mapped network drives, correct?

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Michael,

Thank you for responding.

I've attached a screenshot featuring my registration.

Jeff

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Jeff:

For the Published Folder Path I would use the UNC path that you have in Server Folder Path and I would leave the path in the Server Folder Path as is.  Let me know if that works for you as that is how I have mine setup.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Michael,

The validation passed just fine with the corrections you indicated, however, the error message is still coming up.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you now provide a screenshot of the Data Stores page in AGS Manager that shows all registered data stores that you have created, after you run Validate All?

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Absolutely.  Please see attached file.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Just out of curiosity what kind of a path does Jeff GDB go to (e.g. Is it a network drive)?

Is the path to GIS Databases a folder on a Windows Server machine?

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

The path to Jeff GDB is basically the same scenario that you saw with GIS Databases.

Yes.  The path to the GIS Databases folder resides on a Windows Server machine.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

I've had success with the folder registering by taking a somewhat different approach.  I don't know why it works because your suggestion made perfect sense.  I've attached a screenshot of what I used for the registration and all errors were eliminated (see screenshot entitled Data Store Configuration).  However, there is an additional "quirk" to Data Store that has come up.  I haven't researched this issue yet, but I was wondering if you had ran into this in your travels (see screenshot Data Store Register Missing Tools).

Thanks.

0 Kudos