GP / WebTool Service issue (deleted from AGS site not portal)

05-19-2023 07:48 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

As the title suggests, I had successfully published a new Web Tool (Geoprocessing Service) to a Federated ArcGIS Server Site.  It created the item in the portal just fine too, however I saw a problem with it and decided to remove it and start over.

The issue: I used ArcGIS Server Manager to stop and delete the service rather than deleting the associated item on portal.  It seemed to be ok and deleted the portal item and of course it no longer exits on the AGS site or anywhere.

Now when I go to publish the Web Tool I get an error message in Pro stating it cannot publish because the item exists.

JamesCrandall_0-1684507649482.png

Any help on how to troubleshoot is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jamie, long time no hear from.  Sounds like you have basically orphaned the gp service.  For the federated servers' directories folder, for the gp service do the service items still exist in the .....directories\arcgisjobs\gpservices folder?  I still have some old gp services showing up there, like an extract data task, like this:

L:\directories\arcgisjobs\gpservices\extractdatatask_gpserver

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

David!  Great to hear from you again... I will take a look (or have the admin check it).

Thanks!

RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

This is a total longshot, but something easy to check/do and is something that Esri support often has me check. Maybe try reindexing Portal to make sure Portal knows everything that does and does not exist.