Combine different maps' caches

Jump to solution
12-20-2012 12:41 AM
BurakBor
New Contributor
Hi,

We have three cities' cached data (compact and mixed - .bundle, .bundlx format) and their maps(.mxd). We can use them separetly by creating map services and copying the caches to arcgis cache folder. However we want to use them in one map service (We will also need to add more cities). Is this possible? Their spatial references and cache scales levels are same.

So far, I tried to use "Import Map Server Cache" tool, tried to import one map's (let's say A) cache into another (B) - set import extent -, it is successfully completed (size of cache folder increases). I restarted the service. Opened map service using arcgis javascript api, normally only shows A at the least zoomed level (level 0), so I set the A's extent to B's extent, to see B, but it doesn't show anything.

Am I missing something or isn't this possible? Can you show me a direction to solve this issue?

Note: We are using ArcGis Server 10.0 on Windows Server 2008. Caches won't be updated, we will use them as base layer and consume map service from javascript api and android api.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BurakBor
New Contributor
I think I need to find/create a whole country map then import these cities' cache to it. See collaborative cache at:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#//009300000078...
I tried this method for a world map: removed world map's cache, imported two cities' cache to it. But then world map's zoom levels are gone, (can't zoom out to see two cities at the same time). If I can't find a better method, i will use this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BurakBor
New Contributor
I think I need to find/create a whole country map then import these cities' cache to it. See collaborative cache at:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#//009300000078...
I tried this method for a world map: removed world map's cache, imported two cities' cache to it. But then world map's zoom levels are gone, (can't zoom out to see two cities at the same time). If I can't find a better method, i will use this.