Tidal Movement Models

Jump to solution
12-14-2016 02:24 PM
tomcousins
New Contributor

Hi, is there a way to plot tidal movement in ArcMap? I am trying to plot how far larvae spawned into the water column from shipwreck site will get in a certain time.

I have two main sources of data for this the tidal atlas for the region and the tidal diamond on the admiralty chart and i am plotting them in manually by using Direction/Length in 1 hour sections.

I was thinking of making a fishnet grid over the area and in the attributes adding a column for the time relative to HW Dover, with a polar bearing, and a speed column. but Im unsure of how to go past this point.

any help or ideas is apprecated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Wow - sorry for the delay - if you still have this problem, or are seeing this thread and have similar interest, I recommend downloading the FREE Duke University Marine Geospatial Ecology Toolkit (MGET).  Specifically, you can see larval transport modeling through this workflow:  New larval connectivity modeling tools » Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools  and possibly use the HYCOM data to drive overall system.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Wow - sorry for the delay - if you still have this problem, or are seeing this thread and have similar interest, I recommend downloading the FREE Duke University Marine Geospatial Ecology Toolkit (MGET).  Specifically, you can see larval transport modeling through this workflow:  New larval connectivity modeling tools » Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools  and possibly use the HYCOM data to drive overall system.