Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating a Model Parameter Default Value after Model Run

Jump to solution
05-06-2016 08:33 AM
StevenWorkman
New Contributor III

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to change the default value of a parameter if the user selects a different value before running the model?  For example, if the user wants to change the distance in a distance parameter (from 20 feet to 50 feet), then the next time the user runs the model 50 feet will be the default value.  Assume this user does not know how to alter the parameter defaults values in model builder itself. They just want to run the model.   Any help will be appreciated.

What I need to happen is after a user changes the parameter value in the model, when the model is run again, the new value is now the default value.

Parameter set up in Model

ss1.png

User runs opens the model and sees the default value of Rural or Urban Local Road Distance as 0:

ss2.png

User wants to change the value of Rural or Urban Local Road Distance to 20:

ss3.png

Model Runs....

Next time user opens the model the default value is now 20:

ss3.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hey Dan, share the love and give us a few links!

0 Kudos
StevenWorkman
New Contributor III

Thanks for all of the replies and help everyone.  I was trying to do something similar to onchange event similar to javascript, but it looks like whenever I want to share this script with others, the hard coded values will need to be changed to match their data. I'll look more into it and let you all know what I find out.

0 Kudos