Select to view content in your preferred language

Table to Table, Field Map

Jump to solution
09-11-2018 06:09 AM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

I have a pretty complicated model I am working on that starts out by pulling data from a SQL database using "make query table", and then creates a copy of the table using "table to table" (goes on to do many other things).

My problem: I have to the tool running fine on my local drive, when I change "Table to Table" so that it is exporting to a geodatabase on a network drive it automatically changes the field mappings of "Table to Table" so that it is maintaining fully qualified field names, despite not having this environment checked. When the tool runs on my local drive it does not maintain fully qualified names (which is what i want). This change is throwing off the rest of my model.

( i checked all environment locations, I do not have "maintain fully qualified field names" checked anywhere)

Any ideas on why this may happen?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminMittler

Solved: I had been opening up the "Table to Table" tool in modelbuilder and changing the output locations. When done this way, fields were changed to maintain qualified names.

However, if you open up the output location variable bubble in modelbuilder, and change the location here, fields mapping was not changed.

No idea why it function this way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenjaminMittler

Solved: I had been opening up the "Table to Table" tool in modelbuilder and changing the output locations. When done this way, fields were changed to maintain qualified names.

However, if you open up the output location variable bubble in modelbuilder, and change the location here, fields mapping was not changed.

No idea why it function this way.

0 Kudos