Select to view content in your preferred language

Model builder & Image Services: returning attributes for selected items?

09-12-2018 08:35 AM
DanSlayback
New Contributor II

I'm trying to write a model-builder tool that will allow the user to select individual images in an image service (published from a mosaic dataset), and submit just the selection for further processing.  I have a python script tool that does this, but requires the user to copy and paste a field from the image service's attribute table into the tool...= a bit inconvenient. I'd like to make this easier by having the tool grab the attribute data for the selected footprints from the image service. Every tool I've tried, however, does not seem to see the image service's attribute table data. Eg "Make Table View", or  "Select Data" or any of the other Select tools. They only see the ObjectID, Value, and Count fields of the image service (eg, not the attribute table data). I would then pass the output of the select operation to the "Get Field Value" tool to pull out the attribute I actually need from the table.

Is there any way to access the image service's attribute table data, from a standard tool in Model Builder? And in particular, see a selection of that data made by the user?

Thanks for any tips or alternate ways to do this, if there's an easier approach.

0 Kudos
0 Replies