setting preconditions for parameters

Jump to solution
06-26-2020 08:22 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a custom tool which I built in modelbuilder and the tool works but the order of the parameters isn't the order I would like them to be in the geoprocessing window and I think this is done by setting preconditions for each parameter. However, I can't seem to find how to access the window where you can set the precondition. 

Can someone tell me how to get to the window where you can set the preconditions of a parameter?

I want Input Features to appear above Input Coordinate System

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Scott,

You are incorrect, you do not set preconditions to change the display order of tool parameters of a model when run as a tool, you do it via the properties with drag 'n' drop.

Watch the video I made below, see how my output parameter from buffer is the first on the tool interface, I don't want that I want it at the bottom, I change the order of parameters in the model property, save, refresh and reopen the tool and you can now see it in the correct location.

Click on the image to enlarge it so its easier to watch

Reordering parameters

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Scott,

You are incorrect, you do not set preconditions to change the display order of tool parameters of a model when run as a tool, you do it via the properties with drag 'n' drop.

Watch the video I made below, see how my output parameter from buffer is the first on the tool interface, I don't want that I want it at the bottom, I change the order of parameters in the model property, save, refresh and reopen the tool and you can now see it in the correct location.

Click on the image to enlarge it so its easier to watch

Reordering parameters

SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for the reply. I am new to ArcGIS Pro and was unfamiliar with how to set the order.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

If you feel that my reply solves your issue you should mark it as answered to help others searching for the same problem to see a valid solution was offered up.

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Duncan!

I didn't know where 'Mark as Correct' was