Scheduled export - with Join

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 08:51 AM
Syvertson
Occasional Contributor III

I have what I think would be a simple task.  I have a feature class and a table in two different databases.  Every night I would like to join the table to the feature class and export a subset of fields (with some of the field names aliased).  I can set up a model that works if I want to watch it work and do it manually, but this requires the map to be open.  If I am having this automated, the map will not be open and it will fail.  Please give me some ideas how to make this process easier.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Syvertson

Hi Mike.  I just ended up figuring this out myself.  I am working in ArcGIS Pro and model builder.  What I figured out is that the layer that I am working on needed to be in a feature service, instead of just a layer in the map.  Once I created the feature service and used it, I was able to close the map and still able to run the model.  This allowed me to schedule it successfully.  Yeah!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Syvertson

I have had multiple people view this, and no replies.  Is this just not possible?  Or am I not phrasing the question so its understandable?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you working in ArcMap or Pro?

This is in a model and not python code?

0 Kudos
Syvertson

Hi Mike.  I just ended up figuring this out myself.  I am working in ArcGIS Pro and model builder.  What I figured out is that the layer that I am working on needed to be in a feature service, instead of just a layer in the map.  Once I created the feature service and used it, I was able to close the map and still able to run the model.  This allowed me to schedule it successfully.  Yeah!

0 Kudos