Iterator for file folder not working

09-28-2020 07:00 PM
KyleSmiley
New Contributor II

I am trying to build a model using an iterator to process a folder of NetCDF files. I want to convert them to raster layers then symbolize them. I've done it with one of them successfully without a model. When I run the model, it seems to run through everything, but I get no output or I get an output that has "_File" at the end of it despite using inline variable substitution. It also doesn't add anything to the map, and it doesn't appear to ever stop iterating. I was trying to test the model with the iterator using only one NetCDF in the folder, as I have yet to go download the rest. 

A picture of the model is attached. Any help appreciated!

Bethany Hall 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewBrown7
Esri Contributor

Hi Bethany, 

Are you able to post the output (text) that is generated when the model is run, as well as the parameters of the iterator please?

Regards,

Matthew Brown

KyleSmiley
New Contributor II

Hi Matt, I'm uploading those photos. I hope it helps

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
MatthewBrown7
Esri Contributor

Thanks Kyle,

have you selected add to display for the outputs you would like added to the map (right click on the outputs and select from the menu)?

try this with both the dfn_%Name% output and the dfn_mar_layer output. 

If you add another netCDF file to the directory, does it iterate through the second file or remains stuck on the first?

what version of ArcGIS / Pro are you using? 

KyleSmiley
New Contributor II

Matthew,

thanks for the suggestions. Now its doing everything I want the model to do except add the symbology to the layer. I may make a separate model for this or do it separately.

0 Kudos