identify panel fills whole screen

Jump to solution
06-02-2016 12:23 PM
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

I was zooming around checking route data and did something to cause the identify panel to fill the whole screen rather than the small block i've been use to.  Clicking on the restore icon - upper right corner - for that panel doesn't do anything.  How can I fix this please?  There appear to be no resizing controls available.

Thanks much

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

I feel so stupid.  Here's how I fixed it.

1. I clicked on the Maximize icon.  That allowed me to drag the panel away from the corner.  Then I was able to resize it.
  2. Clicking on the Restore icon while the panel filled the whole screen did not allow me to move the panel.  However, once it was resized using step 1, and after I repeated step 1 two times, the third time I clicked on Restore, it behaved as I expected; it "restored' the panel from full-screen to its usual small size.

Thanks for the advice ... don't know why it never occurred to me to try to drag the panel with the title bar.  Oh, and I'm printing out the registry instructions - thank you again - just in case.

Regards,

Bill Cole

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William,

When you hit the restore button you should then be able to resize the dialog to your liking. I you can not get this working let me know and I will provide a windows registry fix for this.

WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the response.  I did try clicking the Restore button and then looking for the usual resizing icons, but there are none there.  I guess will have to have at the registry as you offered.

Many thanks,

Bill Cole

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bill,

OK, I still think you should try and click the restore button and then grab the window by its title bar and drag it away from one of the corners and then you will get the re-size handles. But if that still does not work then:

OK open regedit and find this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Desktop10.4\Controls\Commands\MapInquiry\IdentifyDialog\IdentifyDialogWindowPos

and it will have a value like: 0,0,1920,1053 the last two are height and width. So just make the value 0,0,500,500

WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

I feel so stupid.  Here's how I fixed it.

1. I clicked on the Maximize icon.  That allowed me to drag the panel away from the corner.  Then I was able to resize it.
  2. Clicking on the Restore icon while the panel filled the whole screen did not allow me to move the panel.  However, once it was resized using step 1, and after I repeated step 1 two times, the third time I clicked on Restore, it behaved as I expected; it "restored' the panel from full-screen to its usual small size.

Thanks for the advice ... don't know why it never occurred to me to try to drag the panel with the title bar.  Oh, and I'm printing out the registry instructions - thank you again - just in case.

Regards,

Bill Cole