How to stretch layer elements?

Jump to solution
05-24-2017 03:05 PM
MalcolmLittle
New Contributor III

Hello,

My map of British Columbia (attached) is too squished for my liking. I realize that's how the province actually is, but for visualization purposes, I'd like it stretched taller. Problem is, in layer view I cannot seem to distort the frame to what I want. Checking/unchecking preserve aspect ratio makes no difference.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the coordinate system of the map? Try changing the coordinate system of the data-frame to WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere (WKID: 3857).

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the coordinate system of the map? Try changing the coordinate system of the data-frame to WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere (WKID: 3857).

Think Location
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have no projection set... BC has a couple of nice projections, you should use one to restore it's appearance to the grandure it deserves.  Go to Projected Coordinates, National Grids, Canada...

Then of course there are a whole load of non-BC names ones, which would also be appropriate.  I would check to see what other data you might be using from the province.  If you are using data from the Feds, then you may wish to adopt one of those projections as well.

0 Kudos