Coordinates for a place of interest

02-22-2021 01:46 AM
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Dear Community,

i want to search for some coordinates of my point of interest and create some point features there.

But its not possible theres is no function for this...and if I go on absolut xy its also not possible...

I uploaded it...please have a look!

Thanks forward!

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Yep, i have seen this already, but what if I have x,y coordinates for a point of interest? I`ve got points and i want to fix it in the map...

This just works if I set the points arbitrarly 😕

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ahhh... one method

Make XY Event Layer (Data Management)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com) if you have a table already.

If you have a spreadsheet, then the Excel to Table would produce the table, then you can make the points from that

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

What the **bleep**...its impossible to search for places with coordinates and convert them to points..

I try it with this Ablsolut xy but it doesn`t work, if I enter my coordinates than the point doesn`t move...

hmmm...

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The coordinates have to be in the coordinate system of the map... at least in ArcGIS Pro.

That is probably why making a new featureclass is easier, if you have a basemap beneath, 

or enter the coordinates into a table, and follow the XY event layer, but... make sure you define the coordinate system of your coordinates or they won't align with your map

... sort of retired...
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Yep I try it now for 2 hours...it doesn`t work...I`ve got coordinates in Gaus Krueger...so I need a projected or? And for Germany ETRS89 or WGS84 ? hmmm i`m confused...sorry Dan 😕

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Hey Dan,

I try it for 5 hours now...its still not working...Im working with Gauss Krüger Coordinates (see in the picture)...so I need a Projected Coordinatesystem right? And I need a geographic? Right? My Geographic will be Bessel 84 on which my Gauss Krüger Coordinates are based on...

I really dont know what is wrong 😕

Desperate Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Sorry I forgot the picture 😕

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Those are in projected coordinates, so you can make the "xy event" layer I was talking about in the previous post

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos