Students enrolled in universities worldwide (verification required) can register here. Be sure to use an active e-mail address.
Note: We are in the process of getting this form translated. Should you receive a page with an error, please change the language code in the URL above to "en", so the URL is as follows: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/become-a-student-member/ .
This program is designed for higher education students learning ArcGIS independently (outside of a formal course). It provides access to ArcGIS and self-paced learning resources for self-initiated learning anywhere and at any time. It is primarily for students attending a university that is not currently an Esri customer and therefore cannot provide ArcGIS access to its students. This app identifies colleges and universities with an agreement with Esri and links to resources to sign up with your institution.
The program aims at extending access for students who wish to start or supplement their learning of geospatial technology and enhance their skills and knowledge, better preparing them when applying for jobs. With this program, Esri commits to helping all students acquire new skills needed for the digital economy.
The software access provided is strictly for noncommercial use.
This membership is intended for learning and experimentation. Please do not create anything in your ArcGIS Online account that you will need to access after the membership expires.
This program is not for students who have access to ArcGIS through their university. The program is not a replacement for an Education Institution Agreement, Academic Department License, or Administrative Use Department License. Institutions should maintain their licenses, which include additional benefits and additional products.
For any formal learning as part of a course/degree program, research, or operational use, access to ArcGIS should be provided by the institution. Therefore, students who wish to obtain access to ArcGIS for course work, research or operations, should check with their institutions and leverage their college/university licensing. This app identifies colleges and universities with an agreement with Esri and links to resources to sign up with your institution.
We strongly recommend enrolled university students register for the Learn ArcGIS Student program because it provides extended access to software.
This one-year non-renewable program for enrolled university students includes at no cost:
Send an email to email@example.com with your username in the subject line. Be patient for up to 24 hours. Check your email for a message from ArcGIS Notifications to reset your password. Once you update your password, you'll be able to access your Learn ArcGIS account.
1. Go to ArcGIS.com and click Sign In.
2. On the ArcGIS login panel, click Forgot username.
3. Enter the email address you used to register. You’ll receive a list of all accounts associated with that email. The one that ends with _LearnStudent is your user name.
1. Go to ArcGIS.com and click Sign In.
2. On the ArcGIS login panel, click Forgot password. Input your LearnArcGIS username (ends in _LearnStudent). You will receive an email with a temporary password at the e-mail address with which you registered.
3. Go to ArcGIS.com and click Sign In.
4. On the ArcGIS login panel, sign in with your user name and the temporary password. You will then be asked to change your password.
Note: If you did not set a security questions the first time you signed in, you may experience a delay of up to 24 hours.
If you have a Windows computer, use this test to see if your computer meets the system requirements for ArcGIS Pro.
ArcGIS Pro is not supported on Linux or MacOS, but the software can run on a MacOS machine by dual booting using BootCamp or by running in a virtualization platform that supports the DirectX or OpenGL version required.
1. Click Sign in at https://www.arcgis.com/index.html.
2. Type in your Learn ArcGIS user name and password.
3. Click your user name in the upper right corner and choose My Settings.
4. On the Licenses tab, find ArcGIS Pro and click Download.
5. After you have installed ArcGIS Pro, sign in with your Learn ArcGIS user name and password.
If you see one of the following messages, complete the steps below:
The username you entered is not a member of this organization.
Your account could not be used to authorize ArcGIS Pro because it is an ArcGIS Public Account.
Invalid username or password. ArcGIS Pro wants to access your ArcGIS Online account information.
The number of licenses assigned to the user exceeds the number available in my organization.
1. Click Configure your licensing options.
2. Set License Type to Named User License.
3. Choose ArcGIS Online and set the URL to https://www.arcgis.com/.
4. If a window appears asking you to close ArcGIS Pro, click OK.
5. Start ArcGIS Pro.
6. Sign in with your Learn ArcGIS user name and password.
You may find further solutions in the ArcGIS Desktop Installation support group.
Members are supported by the Esri Community, the website that hosts this FAQ. You can search this site without signing in. To post a question, you will need a free ArcGIS Public account or an Esri enabled ArcGIS organizational account. For more information on those types of accounts, see this question.
Please note that Learn ArcGIS members do not have access to Esri Technical Support via their membership.
Please post questions about software or other topics on the appropriate Questions board. You can search for one using the search bar above. We've listed some of the popular boards below and here's a list of all of Questions boards to browse.
At registration we ask that students provide information about themselves, their university, and their program of study, so our administrators can verify enrollment.
1. You may see a message that says: "Your active ArcGIS organizational account xxx_LearnStudent is not enabled for esri.com websites" when you sign in to websites like www.esri.com/training. There is no problem. Your account is set up correctly.
2. Esri Access is disabled means that your _LearnStudent account cannot be used to access websites that include esri.com in their URLs. You can, and we encourage you, to access those websites with a free ArcGIS Public account that will never expire. You may already have an ArcGIS Public account!
3. If you see "Your active ArcGIS organizational account xxx_LearnStudent is not enabled for esri.com websites." here's how to reach the site you seek:
4. If you completed some training before we switched off Esri Access, you may have some training history saved in your now "Esri-disabled" _LearnStudent account. To move those records to your ArcGIS public account, you can make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's a template to use for the request:
Hello Esri Accounts!
I request your help moving my Esri training history from my Learn ArcGIS organizational account with user name [put _LearnStudent account user name here] to my ArcGIS public account with user name [put ArcGIS public account user name here].
I understand that once the move is made, my Esri training history will be accessed via the ArcGIS public account.
Learn ArcGIS Member
At the end of your membership term all content in _LearnStudent accounts (maps, apps, StoryMaps, etc.) is deleted and all licenses are revoked.
This program is intended for learning and experimentation. Please do not create anything in your ArcGIS Online account that you will need to access after the membership expires. Continued access to _LearnStudent accounts cannot be provided by the administrator, nor by purchasing a license.
Should you want to keep content for future use, you are responsible for moving any content to keep to another account before it's deleted.
To continue using ArcGIS for noncommercial purposes, you are encouraged to get a new account. You can: