Download styles to display Esri marker symbols

Jump to solution
01-10-2024 05:24 PM
NishanKhadka
New Contributor II

I am trying to give user the option to edit a dropped pin/marker on the map and change its default symbol (Currently I have set it to Cross "+").  For this purpose, I want to display list of marker symbols from style files and followed this java sample
I have tried to load styles from:

But they all give me symbol dictionary not supported error when I try to load them. Is there any default symbol style file that can be used for the Kotlin SDK?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The sample you reference loads symbols from a mobile style - see the "Mobile styles" section in this topic: Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. If your app will be always-connected to the internet, then you could consider using a web style, and since you've already followed a Java Maps SDK sample, here's the equivalent: arcgis-maps-sdk-java-samples/symbology/create-symbol-styles-from-web-styles at main · Esri/arcgis-ma...

But for a more resilient approach using a local/offline mobile style, if you have access to ArcGIS Pro, you can simply create a new mobile style on disk, open any Pro style, then select/copy/paste all the symbols from the Pro style into the new mobile style and then use this in your app. 

There are lots of styles here you can apply this approach to: Gallery (arcgis.com)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The sample you reference loads symbols from a mobile style - see the "Mobile styles" section in this topic: Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. If your app will be always-connected to the internet, then you could consider using a web style, and since you've already followed a Java Maps SDK sample, here's the equivalent: arcgis-maps-sdk-java-samples/symbology/create-symbol-styles-from-web-styles at main · Esri/arcgis-ma...

But for a more resilient approach using a local/offline mobile style, if you have access to ArcGIS Pro, you can simply create a new mobile style on disk, open any Pro style, then select/copy/paste all the symbols from the Pro style into the new mobile style and then use this in your app. 

There are lots of styles here you can apply this approach to: Gallery (arcgis.com)