Select to view content in your preferred language

AArch64 ArcGIS Maps SDK for Java

Monday
marco_pereira_2024
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Maps SDK for Java 200.4.0 and am running the JAR on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (AArch64) with Ubuntu 22.04. When referencing the "SpatialReferences" class, the following exception is thrown:

• java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.esri.arcgisruntime.geometry.SpatialReferences
  • Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /root/.arcgis/200.4.0/jniLibs/LX64/libruntimecore.so: /root/.arcgis/200.4.0/jniLibs/LX64/libruntimecore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load AMD 64 .so on a AARCH64 platform)
    Any updates on porting the Java SDK to AArch64?

Is there a Java SDK for AArch64? If not, can I compile it myself for my architecture?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@marco_pereira_2024 

Supporting Arm based Linux isn't currently part of the product, but for Java we have a public beta which does allow you to try this out.

I have also written a couple of blog posts on the subject showing possible use-cases for the beta.

You should however be aware that we are deprecating the Maps SDK for Java so whilst the beta would allow you to try out the API, longer term we will be proving support for Arm Linux using the Qt Maps SDK.

I'd be very interested to hear more about what you are wanting to do using the Raspberry Pi.

Does this help?