Select to view content in your preferred language

Modifying the Boundary in Mosaic Datasets?

08-03-2010 06:36 PM
PeterTimmers
Frequent Contributor
Mosaic datasets are replacing isdefs and the whole directory structure in 10 right?

We often get aerial photography with unusual shape boundaries.   They send us a "actual coverage" shape file.

In 9.3.1 you could pull the boundary.shp and clip it and put it back and then clip your footprints and all would be OK...

Can you do anything like that with mosaic datasets?

Is there any where I can find the new workflow for image server 10?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GünterDörffel
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

as an old "image Server fan" I can understand your confusion. We all have to learn a lot about mosaic datasets but are pre-destined to understand quickly since we have the Image Server background 🙂

You have to get aquainted with the DataManagement > Raster Toolset > MosaicDataset Toolset !

There you'll find a tool called Import Mosaic Dataset Geometry  that does a lot about Footprints and Boundaries that was available in Image Server via the GUI or the ISCommands. Just (what a pitty) "Recompute by Geometry" is not there - yet.

So if you have a unique identifier for your photos that is reflected in the shape you get you can first recompute the footprints with the Import Mosaic Datset Geometry Tool and then re-calculate the boundary with the Build Boundary Tool

I linked the names to the online help ..
0 Kudos