Select to view content in your preferred language

WEBGISDR Restore successful, but no REST services and Content is blank

02-05-2024 07:29 AM
MikeSchonlau
Frequent Contributor

We were able to successfully run the WEBGISDR Restore process from an ArcGIS Enterprise HA 11.2 environment to a Single Machine 11.2 environment. However, even though the WEBGIDR --import process was successful and we can validate our Data Store and Hosting Server, we not seeing any REST services and all of our content is blank in Portal. Users and Groups came over fine. Any thoughts? 

This is an AWS-hosted ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 environment. Been following this blog as a guide along with the documentation.

MikeSchonlau_0-1707146976786.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
hlindemann
Regular Contributor

HI @MikeSchonlau, what you can do is to just copy the following from the working system to the new system,

"your_install_dir"\arcgisserver\config-store\services\hosted

"your_install_dir"\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache\hosted

"your_install_dir"\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput\hosted

"your_install_dir"\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\Hosted

That will fix the server services, since it is a restore from a backup we don't have to be concerned about itemid's etc.

I am also of the opinion that your portal did not restore correctly, those unknowns looks like missing database entries in portal, e.g. they are not reflecting in portal/sharing/rest, I would just export and import portal again after fixing the hosted feature services.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, Henry. Unfortunately, our config-store for the working system is in DynamoDb. I haven't found any guidance on how to move that information from DynamoDb back to a file system. Looking like a rebuild for us...

0 Kudos
JustinS
Esri Contributor

@MikeSchonlau, I have some thoughts:

• Attempt to create a template hosted service in your new ArcGIS Enterprise deployment from Portal for ArcGIS home. This would help validate ArcGIS Enterprise's current functionality.
  • Attempt to create a new WebGISDR backup from the new ArcGIS Enterprise deployment and import back into itself.  
  • Most importantly: I would encourage you to open a ticket with Support. WebGISDR can be particularly challenging because of all the pieces involved. 

Edit: apologies, I just noticed this was an aged post. 

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, @JustinS . We did finally successfully restore from our WEBGISDR backup. We've actually abandoned the HA architecture because we found that architecture was more problematic for us when deployed in AWS than the benefit we got from it (too many points of failure). Anyway, we've successfully restored from WEBGISDR backups a few times now to a single machine deployment with no problems. Thanks for your feedback anyway.