layer to kml folderpath

08-06-2019 10:25 AM
RobertMclaughlin1
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS 10.6 you can create a field called FolderPath that when you convert Layer to KML is recognized as a way to folder out the KML in Google Earth. Using ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0 it no longer recognizing this field as one that relates specifically to KMLs and does not create any sort of foldering in Google Earth. Has anyone found a solution or come up with another way to do this besides exporting individual pieces of a file and rebuilding it in Google Earth?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SukhvirRehal1
New Contributor

Hi,

Was a solution ever found?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertMclaughlin1
New Contributor II

The answer I got from ESRI is that they are aware there is a bug in ArcPro in the export of layer to kml that is preventing the FolderPath field from creating folders in the kml they way it did ArcMap. There is a work around that includes creating groups within ArcPro but I have not tested it yet. It sounds like they are still working on a solution. 

SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

I will explore groups within ArcPro, but what is this grouping option you are referring to? 

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
RobertMclaughlin1
New Contributor II

The grouping is ArcPro has something to do with creating New Group Layers. Like I said I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I was told it takes time to set up. Let me know if you are able to get this to work. 

Just so you know there is a bug number that relates to this issue.

BUG-000121722

ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

I see this was reported in 2.3, but in 2.5.2 the same behavior is still occurring for me.

Any updates to when this will receive some love  Kory Kramer  ?

Or is ArcMap > ArcGIS Pro still true in 2020   

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

See answer from Kory Kramer here: ArcGIS Pro Layer to KML: FolderPath not being used 

0 Kudos