Welcome to the GIS Day 2024 Forum Board!

07-10-2024 06:47 AM
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hello Community Members!

This year marks the 25th anniversary of GIS Day, happening on Wednesday, November 20th. Let's make this year's celebration one to remember! The Esri Community team is excited to invite you to use this 2024 Forum to ask questions, share ideas, and join in on all the GIS Day fun. Don't forget to subscribe to this Board to stay in the loop!

Add a Digital Badge to Your Profile

Want to earn a cool digital badge to your profile? Comment or create a post in this Forum before or on GIS Day to snag a sweet GIS Day 2024 badge.

Post Today and Start A Conversation

Have a cool event to share or a burning question about GIS Day? Let's chat! Post in this Forum today and kickstart a conversation with other members of Esri Community. 

Register Your GIS Day Event

Make sure to register your GIS Day event here. If you're looking for inspiration or ideas for planning your GIS Day event, check out Joseph Kerski's blog post  New Ideas for GIS Day 2024 - Esri Community  for some great ideas.

Catch us at UC '24

Swing by the GIS Day booth at UC this year to chat with the GIS Day team and get all the info you need to make your GIS Day event a success. Continue your way to the Esri Community booth to also ask any GIS Day-related questions and pick up a button and sticker. Both booths are located on the showroom floor at the San Diego Convention Center.

Lastly, keep an eye out for exciting GIS Day activities, events, and resources shared on the official GIS Day site and on this forum. 

g1110491-2020-gisday-e-cards-10-20-2.gif

Take a look at Jack Dangermond's message for this year's GIS Day.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
12 Replies
MollyEskelson_H-GAC
Occasional Contributor

Houston Area GIS Day will be hosted on November 22nd with workshops on November 21st. We've registered our event. More info to come soon: http://www.houstonareagisday.org/

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thank you for sharing, @MollyEskelson_H-GAC! I just glanced at the link you provided and it sounds like an exciting two-day event!

It appears that your organization is celebrating GIS Day for the 23rd year, which is truly impressive! We would love to stay updated on your event and hear how it goes. I'm sure you're already aware of the GIS Day resources provided by Esri each year, but just in case you haven't had a chance to check out this year's resources, here is the link: GIS Day resources.

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
robliebhart
New Contributor

I have a connection with a local teacher, and I am planning to see if they would like me to come in to their classes and go through one of the GeoInquiries posted online!

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

That's awesome, @robliebhart! I appreciate you sharing what you have planned for this year's GIS Day - it sure sounds like a great event. To make the day extra fun and to keep the students focused, you can also share some fun printable activities from the GIS Day resource page. I mentioned this above but @JosephKerski always posts engaging and unique events for students, so you if you haven't checked it out quite yet, I highly encourage you to read his New Ideas for GIS Day 2024 blog!

Is this your first GIS Day event?

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks so much @BriannaEttley  and @robliebhart !   That GIS Day crossword puzzle is I hope especially challenging 🙂  that is in the new 2024 ideas blog essay I wrote.  Another fascinating new data set is to analyze the iNaturalist crowdsourced data near the location where your community will gather - and/or - collect your own data and map and analyze it:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-living-atlas/announcements/inaturalist-living-atlas... 

Let us know how we can support you in your work!  --Joseph Kerski 

JamesBushOpelika
Occasional Contributor

COO GIS Day Flier24jp.jpg

James Bush
jabush@opelika-al.gov
JamesBushOpelika
Occasional Contributor

If anyone is in the southeast, we would love to have you!

James Bush
jabush@opelika-al.gov
JTCHRIS
New Contributor

@JamesBushOpelika can we post this on the GISAA Website? We are also hosting an event in Jefferson County which we will be advertising on the GISAA website. Love to post as many events across the state as possible. 

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thank you for posting your event, @JamesBushOpelika! This sounds like a terrific event. Is this your first year hosting a GIS Day event? 

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos