Welcome to the GIS Day 2024 Forum Board!

07-10-2024 06:47 AM
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hello Community Members!

This year marks the 25th anniversary of GIS Day, happening on Wednesday, November 20th. Let's make this year's celebration one to remember! The Esri Community team is excited to invite you to use this 2024 Forum to ask questions, share ideas, and join in on all the GIS Day fun. Don't forget to subscribe to this Board to stay in the loop!

Add a Digital Badge to Your Profile

Want to earn a cool digital badge to your profile? Comment or create a post in this Forum before or on GIS Day to snag a sweet GIS Day 2024 badge.

Post Today and Start A Conversation

Have a cool event to share or a burning question about GIS Day? Let's chat! Post in this Forum today and kickstart a conversation with other members of Esri Community. 

Register Your GIS Day Event

Make sure to register your GIS Day event here. If you're looking for inspiration or ideas for planning your GIS Day event, check out Joseph Kerski's blog post  New Ideas for GIS Day 2024 - Esri Community  for some great ideas.

Catch us at UC '24

Swing by the GIS Day booth at UC this year to chat with the GIS Day team and get all the info you need to make your GIS Day event a success. Continue your way to the Esri Community booth to also ask any GIS Day-related questions and pick up a button and sticker. Both booths are located on the showroom floor at the San Diego Convention Center.

Lastly, keep an eye out for exciting GIS Day activities, events, and resources shared on the official GIS Day site and on this forum. 

g1110491-2020-gisday-e-cards-10-20-2.gif

Take a look at Jack Dangermond's message for this year's GIS Day.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
22 Replies
JamesBushOpelika
Occasional Contributor

Brianna,

This will be our second annual GIS day event. First year Opelika is hosting. 

James Bush
jabush@opelika-al.gov
0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Awesome! Please do let us know how it goes and if you have any questions, feel free to use this forum.

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Glad you folks are psyched about GIS Day!  --Joseph Kerski 

JyoshnaRani
Emerging Contributor

Wow! It will be amazing for us.

JFiacco_CEC
Emerging Contributor

Can't wait for GIS Day this year!! This will be my 4th time hosting an event. 😎🌍

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

We love to hear it! What GIS Day plans do you have in store for this year, @JFiacco_CEC

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
Esdspain57
Occasional Contributor

Here is the new GIS Day QR qrcode_community.esri.com.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Esdspain57
Occasional Contributor

.... Forgot to mention, the QR code for GIS Day was made by right clicking on the GIS Day gif image above, then make qr code option. 

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this trick, @Esdspain57! Are you planning to celebrate GIS Day this year? 

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
Esdspain57
Occasional Contributor

Yes I am! I also am working with my grandkids to help bring a GIS day to their rural community in Nebraska. It is my hope that our middle and high school kids and their schools across the nation embrace GIS technology as early and feasibly as possible so they can explore our world, the natural as well as built environments, and continue to improve our world through the developed knowledge of location awareness that GIS affords.