Value from a table into a map algebra expression?

Jump to solution
10-05-2013 01:17 PM
aarielRocha
New Contributor III
How do you incorporate a value from a table into a map algebra expression?
My goal is to subtract the 'background temperature' from all cells in a raster.  I have defined the 'background temp' as the average value of the cells in the lowest quartile of my raster.  I have used 'slice' to identify which cells are in the lowest quartile, then I used 'Zonal Statistics as table' to get the average value of cells in that lowest quartile.  So now, I want to pull the mean from the Zonal stats table where "Value"=1.  I feel like a lookup function should be able to work for this, but it seems to be just for rasters.

Is there any way to use map algebra to pull a coefficient value out of a table so that it can be called for further calculations?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Aariel
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aarielRocha
New Contributor III
Found my own answer.  It seems there are additional model builder only tools that you can access from within the Model window.   Insert > Model Only Tools > Get Field Value.
Such an easy answer!  i wish it didn't take me hours and hours and hours to figure it out.  I wonder why there are tools that are not accessible from the toolbox.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
aarielRocha
New Contributor III
Found my own answer.  It seems there are additional model builder only tools that you can access from within the Model window.   Insert > Model Only Tools > Get Field Value.
Such an easy answer!  i wish it didn't take me hours and hours and hours to figure it out.  I wonder why there are tools that are not accessible from the toolbox.
0 Kudos