Using Copy in ModelBuilder

12-20-2011 05:53 AM
ChristopherBlinn1
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,

I have created a simple model to copy a feature dataset from one geodatabase to another.  I want to feature dataset to overwrite an existing feature dataset.  There are no locks on any data in either geodatabases.  When I try to run the model I get Error 000260, which results in the feature dataset in the paste location to be deleted.  However, when I manually run the Copy tool, I can copy the feature dataset without issue.  Not sure why this is not working.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Hello,

I have created a simple model to copy a feature dataset from one geodatabase to another.  I want to feature dataset to overwrite an existing feature dataset.  There are no locks on any data in either geodatabases.  When I try to run the model I get Error 000260, which results in the feature dataset in the paste location to be deleted.  However, when I manually run the Copy tool, I can copy the feature dataset without issue.  Not sure why this is not working.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Could you screen shot your model?  The order of operations and properly setting up preconditions related to the deletion is important.  Also did you run Validate on the Model?
0 Kudos
ChristopherBlinn1
Occasional Contributor III
I am very confident it has nothing to do with the order of operations or preconditions; there are only two processes, and in order for the second process to run, the first must be complete.

The model validates just fine.

After refreshing the input feature class, I ended up getting the schema lock error (000464).  Hoping that is the issue, I am going to kill locks and try again when I get a chance (killing locks during the middle of the day isn't appreciated much around here. 😄
0 Kudos