Trouble with tool Geotagged Photos To Points

09-14-2022 05:03 AM
CeciliaMartinelli
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to use the Tool Geotagged Photos To Points but I have the following error, that I don't understand:

Input Folder     E:\...\foto
Output Feature Class     C:\Users\HRT\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages\Irpinia_final_e31e05\p30\irpinia_final.gdb\foto_GeoTaggedPhotosToPoints2
Invalid Photos Table     
Include Non-GeoTagged Photos     ALL_PHOTOS
Add Photos As Attachments     ADD_ATTACHMENTS
=====================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\phototopoint.py", line 182, in <module>
    GeoPhotoToPoint(folder, fc, badphotostable, addnongps, attachphotos)
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\phototopoint.py", line 80, in GeoPhotoToPoint
    row = MakeRow(null, file, timestamp, x, y, z, direc)
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\phototopoint.py", line 128, in MakeRow
    if "T" in timestamp: # sometimes the timestamps are isoformat
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Failed script (null)...
Failed to execute (GeoTaggedPhotosToPoints).

The photos have the same format, taken togheter, all have coordinates ... I tried to upload them on ArcGis one by one and for some of them the tool works, other it fails and I don't get on which basis. Does anyone know why and how to solve it?

In the attachments two examples: img1 doesn't work, img2 works

I'm using ArcGis Pro 3.0.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobCahalan1
New Contributor III

Good call....the functionality is totally lost from Pro 3 but still remains in ArcMap 10.8.2.

0 Kudos
AFackler_NAPSG
Occasional Contributor

Hey all, I just talked with Esri Support about this and they confirm that this is an issue with Pro versioning and should be fixed in the next patch release of Pro. For now, workaround is to run the tool on a machine with version 2.9 or in ArcMap.

NigelEdmead
New Contributor II

I've observed this same issue in Pro 3.0.3, it is working OK in 2.9.0.

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

@CeciliaMartinelli and all, just to let you know, the issue has been resolved in ArcGIS Pro 3.1, which will be publicly available coming soon. And the fix is being backported to an ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x patch, which will probably be available around the same time (within a few weeks). 

For Tech Support tracking, it is issue BUG-000152786