Tool Info

05-16-2013 10:40 PM
ABSARASGHAR
New Contributor
I hope you are fine. I have a simple query that can you please tell me the which tool is used for creating the surface in the attached image.
The surface with yellow and red legend.

Thanking in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I hope you are fine. I have a simple query that can you please tell me the which tool is used for creating the surface in the attached image.
The surface with yellow and red legend.

Thanking in advance

Those colors are created as the symbology properties of a layer.  I don't think any tool really exists to define symbology within ModelBuilder without first creating a layer outside of ModelBuilder that defines your desired symbology either in the map where the tool derives its data from or within a saved layer file.    There is an Apply Symbology From Layer tool that applies the symbology of an existing map layer or layer file to your output data during your geoprocessing operations.
0 Kudos
ABSARASGHAR
New Contributor
Thanks a lot for your generous reply. But I am looking for the surface created in the image attached not symbology. That elevated
surface where the values are high and less elevated where values are low.
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Thanks a lot for your generous reply. But I am looking for the surface created in the image attached not symbology. That elevated
surface where the values are high and less elevated where values are low.

Well it will involve one or more of the 3D Analyst tools at some point, but I do not know what data type the original layer is showing, so I cannot propose a workflow without more information.  If that is a raster then conversion should be pretty straight forward.
0 Kudos
ABSARASGHAR
New Contributor
Well , I guess its a kriging tool for interpolation of point data. Kernal Density estimation is also a good choise.
0 Kudos