When I do Add Data or Excel to Table, it will process with no issues, but the table isn't popping up in the contents pane like it should. It exists in my geodatabase, but only shows if I save and exit/reopen the program.
Also, the list of tables at the bottom of the contents pane doesn't have a name (i.e. "Standalone Tables"), it's just blank.
A coworker and I have run into this problem as well. I've also found that the table will not disappear from the contents pane when you try to remove it -- and if you try to remove it a second time, your whole project will crash. ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2, Windows 10.
Project backstage... Options... Geoprocessing …. add outputs to an open map
is it check on or off?
If in catalog, can you right-click on the geodatabase, select refresh... navigate to the file and drag it onto the map or right-click open?
I have "Add output datasets to an open map" checked on.
Dragging the table from the catalog pane to the contents pane OR right-clicking on the table to add it to the map produces the same results. Refreshing the geodatabase where the table is stored does not have any impact.
I had a similar problem yesterday. After running the Summary Statistics tool the output was not being added to my Standalone tables. I then found and tried to drag it several times into my Contents pane but this did not work. Realising something was amiss, I saved, shut down Pro and reopened it only find 4 copies of my table listed under the Standalone tables.
I'm pretty sure this is a bug introduced with the latest version. I don't recall running into any issues adding standalone tables to a map prior to the 2.3 update.