Spatial Adjustment

11-23-2015 03:44 AM
lidaIvak
New Contributor

Hi, I have the following question: Can I use the Spatial Adyustment to implement geo process. I have links (txt) .Mne need to constantly "peretyagivyat vector" .Hochu automate this process using ModelBuilder and Python.I need a tool, such as

Arcpy_SpatialAdjustment (layer:build,link_path:D:Baza.gdb\build.txt,method:Affine)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is no access for this functionality in Modelbuilder About spatial adjustment—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

Dan is correct, but there is a 'rubber sheet' workflow under Editing Tools/Conflation.  You would have to convert your links into a feature class and use them in the Rubbersheet Features tool.

If your data is high accuracy then rubber sheeting will degrade it.  For projects requiring the utmost precision, survey work and NTv2 adjustment grids can be leveraged, as here.

Regards

0 Kudos
lidaIvak
New Contributor

The problem is that my data on the settlements do not have a projection. Vector drawn on each locality, so that left angle X = 0, Y = 0.Good results are obtained when moving vector on space image using Spatial Adyustment, the method of Affine.Method rubber sheet does not suit me.Снимок_Афинный метод.JPG

method of Affine

Снимок_Rubbersheet.JPG

method rubber sheet

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it looks like you are just providing a translation with affine, but with rotation you are also providing a rotation and scale... the latter 2  aren't needed and perhaps you don't have enough data to rubbersheet properly

About spatial adjustment transformations—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Try transformation method--similarity rather than affine. Affine allows data to "skew". That is, angles can change. Similarity maintains shapes/angles so 90 degree angles should remain 90 degrees.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Melita.. to amplify your comment and potentially clarify for the benefit of others.. an affine transformation CAN contain, translation, rotation, scaling/skew but it need not contain all. since an affine transformation exists when translation = dx,dy but theta=0, a=1,b=1 (scale axis) in otherwords a simple transformation.  There are special cases of affine ... such as (your list here)

MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Dan, did you mean a similarity tfm exists "when translation = dx,dy but theta=0, a=1,b=1 (scale axis) in otherwords a simple transformation"? If so, it would be a = b (scale axis) whereas a "full" affine can have different x and y axis scaling values.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Melita Kennedy  I was focusing on semantics that I have come across.   The affine, at least in my world, can include those components but they need not.  People/students/others seem to think that every little variant of a transformation is a new transform rather than from a class so if scaling in the X and Y is the same or different matters not since I know that they can be the same or different... it may be given a different name, but it is just a variant of the class.  Semantics yes, but it heads of the "what is it called if you just move it? ok "what about just rotate it? ok what about if you move it and rotate it? ok What about if you change up the order" ok ....

You get my drift... they are happy to remember one name and understand that the components can vary but they aren't happy to remember a gazillions names. (obviously I have been writing too long

PS lets leave out the 3D dimension, the units of measure and the differences in terminology between disciplines...but it is interesting to note that references in books like M.M.M's focus on our cartographic tradition because of our of different coordinate frameworks, whereas math often ignores that latter fact. 

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

I get you now. I guess I was coming from TRANSFORM where you may want to specifically ask for similarity/helmert in order to maintain 90 degree angles in your building polygons or street intersections.

I was very overwhelmed when I started in my "GIS" program because I had no background at all. That was a lot of new terminology to take on!

Melita

0 Kudos