SingleOutputMapAlgebra_sa "succeeds", but no output

06-04-2013 08:00 AM
LeeBenda
New Contributor
The same code works great on all of our computers, except one.  It runs SingleOutputMapAlgebra_sa from a VB-scripted Add-In, and throws an error.  I can find it in the ArcToolbox Results, and I can run it again from that prompt, where it says "Succeeded, elapsed time 0.0 seconds", and the output file does not exist.

I just went to the trouble to uninstall and reinstall ArcMap and Spatial Analyst, and it behaves exactly the same.

When I run Raster Calculator from ArcToolbox with the exact same input, it works. 

Any clue?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
One of these computers is not like the other... time to play that game.

What is the error on your odd computer?
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
This is all I can get.  Is there a way to get more detailed error messages out of geoprocessing calls?

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel)
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
When I specify gp.GetMessage(2), it says "Succeeded at (date/time). Elapsed time 0.00 seconds" and the output does not exist.
0 Kudos
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
What does gp.GetMessages() say?

Probably won't be very helpfull though...

Would it be possible to "image" your odd machine as one of the others?

These sorts of issues are pretty quirky somethimes. I recall an issue a while back when I set my Raster AttributeLimit value(AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe) to be some large number like 999,999,999. Some (not all) Spatial Analyst tools freaked out and started bombing... Soon as I set it to a smaller number like 900,000,000 it stared working fine. As I recall, an ESRI guy could replicate the issue on only some of his machines.
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
gp.GetMessages() wants an argument for Severity....I'll try to figure out what to specify for that.
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
I had it output all gp.messages: 

Executing: SingleOutputMapAlgebra Int(SetNull(C:\Data\app\vw\vmask2_app.flt == 0, C:\Data\app\vw\vmask2_app.flt)) C:\Files\Scratch\NTA #
Start Time: Tue Jun 04 11:44:31 2013
Succeeded at Tue Jun 04 11:44:31 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0.00 seconds)
ERROR 000582: Error occurred during execution.
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
That error is not very helpful!

000582 : Error occurred during execution.

Description

An error occurred during the tool's validation or execution. No specific messages were available. The validation process checks that a tool's parameter values are of the expected number, data type, and value.
Solution

Check that a tool's required parameter values are specified and are the correct data type. If the parameters are entered correctly, it may be possible that the execute routine for the tool is invalid. Have the developer of the custom tool check the Execute implementation.
0 Kudos
LeeBenda
New Contributor
The really weird thing is that this was working on this computer for the last month, and just quit working yesterday.
0 Kudos
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
Something changed.... And it's often pretty hard to figure out what it was...

I see you are using float files (.flt)... anything change in that regard?
0 Kudos