Sharing a Geoprocessing Model as a Web tool

11-16-2020 11:24 AM
CollinWideman
New Contributor II

Hello All,

So I made a (possibly overcomplicated) model (ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3) to add a field to an existing XY table, spatialize it, and then decide if the points from the table fall within 5 polygons. If they do fall into the polygons, then the model will populate the point with “Yes” in the new field. If the points do not fall within the polygons, then the model will populate the point with “No” in the new field.

I ran the tool successful and now I want to share it as a Web Tool to my ArcGIS Server (10.6.1). However, when I try and publish it, I get a plethora of 00256 Sever Version Errors. This Link (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/web-tool-compatibility....) shows that my ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise can work together but I can’t figure out why they won’t work.

I’ve attached a screenshot of my model and the errors. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

What parameters do you have?

0 Kudos
CollinWideman
New Contributor II

My input parameters are a formatted xls with XY data (GIS$) and the Output Location.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

They're not model parameters as far as I can see on the screenshot. 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/modelbuilder/model-parameters.htm

You want to publish a geoprocessing tool (task) onto ArcGIS Server with hardcoded parameters? I guess that's possible, and I'm sure there are some use-cases for it, but I don't understand this workflow's purpose.

If you want the tool to publish successfully you would also have to ensure the folder/parent directory is registered in the ArcGIS Server data store (do this in ArcGIS Server manager).

I'm guessing that you actually want to have the user specify an input table - so add the input as a parameter, and also the output.  Then run the tool, ensuring that it is saved in a location registered to the data store, and that the data store has access to the input table/xls.

On publishing, Arc will wrangle the input and output for use as a GP tool/task.

0 Kudos