I am on a Windows 10 machine, ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1, using Edge, IE 11, Chrome and Firefox as the default browser to troubleshoot)
I was able to use two tools successfully ("Feature Class to Feature Class" and "Create Address Locator") at least once. At some point, for some unknown reason, when I tried to use these tools again, I get a script error:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Error: Invalid pointer
I have googled this error and found various suggestions to resolve it, tried many of them, but still cannot resolve the issue so I can use these tools.
I know from casting about on the web that this is a common problem. Has ESRI addressed this issue or does ESRI suggest a workaround?
since you didn't specify what you tried.... the only common link that was resolved involved firefox and the error. But I am sure you have seen the link. I use Edge with 10 (and nothing else) and have never had issues with any of the tools in Arcmap
Opened a ticket with ESRI support - It seems the issue arrises from having Firefox as your default browser (and not IE). "I think the MdDlgContent.htm file gets opened with an MSXML Parser. I imagine that the software couldn't find a Parser plug-in compatible with Firefox."
Thanks for the reply. I tried the following:
1. Switched from Chrome to Edge as the default browser
2. Switched from Edge to IE11 as the default browser, adjusted the security
level from med-high to medium, and then deleted the ESRI profile
folders in C:/Users/ and then rebooted
2. I also tried the tools with FF as the default browser
I was able to use both tools successfully originally with Chrome as the
default browser. Something happened to render them useless due to this