Replication Tool Support for ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-31-2016 06:50 AM
ShaneBuscher
Occasional Contributor

What is the ESRI commitment to add support for replication tools that are missing (i.e. Create Replica, Compare Replica Schema, Synchronize Changes, etc.) in ArcGIS Pro? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As part of the ArcGIS Utility Network Management extension (more info here: Esri Utility Network Pro ), there will be a new service introduced at 10.6 (Versioning Service) that will include the functionality that you are looking for and ArcGIS Pro is one of the clients that will support this new service.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottStopyak
Occasional Contributor II

I'm hoping for this to come soon as well, but I'm also hopeful that the Pro replication tool(s) will be considerably better than ArcCatalog's tools, which are overly complicated (too many tools and steps). A complete replication manager with scheduling would be great. I really don't like the export xml > compare> import xml > sync workflow that exists now.

JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know when will this be introduced into Pro?  In my Migrating from ArcMap to Pro course in Sep 2017 the instructor mentioned that ESRI is expecting that Pro will match all ArcGIS Desktop (legacy) software functionality by the second quarter of 2018.  Does this include all Distrubute Databases functionality including replication/synchronization, etc?  Seems that the the old SDE approach is being pushed to the back burner a bit in favour the new data stores solution.  It's good but still too simple. If only there was a way to replicate/ synchronize published feature services to a remote multiuser geodatabase/data stores and push changes back and forth. 

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As part of the ArcGIS Utility Network Management extension (more info here: Esri Utility Network Pro ), there will be a new service introduced at 10.6 (Versioning Service) that will include the functionality that you are looking for and ArcGIS Pro is one of the clients that will support this new service.

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor