Re-Run Geoprocessing From Results Window

Jump to solution
06-13-2012 09:44 AM
RustyRex
Occasional Contributor
I have batch geo-processing that I have to rerun sometimes multiple times with the exact or very similar variables. I love being able to rerun the tools in the results window; however, I lose those results after a month, plus it can be hard to find the specific result I want to run when i do a lot of other geo-processing.  Is there a way to save out these processes to be run later?  I have dragged & dropped the results into a model to be rerun later, and that works to some extent, but i get some weird issues especially with the batch geo-processing.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
In the Geoprocessing Options (Geoprocessing Menu > Options) you can choose "Never delete".
Can you save a few MXDs with specific results inside of them?

But if you have the option to upgrade to 10.1, the suggestions offered above are really great 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can try to save it as a python snippet, then create a python script tool out of it that can be run in the future.  Here are some instructions on script tool parameters to set parameters for your tool.

At 10.1, you'll be able to interact with the results of geoprocessing tasks in more ways, for example by saving it as a geoprocessing package that can be used again or saving a result file from the result, (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the information), which can then be stored somewhere for later use.
0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
In the Geoprocessing Options (Geoprocessing Menu > Options) you can choose "Never delete".
Can you save a few MXDs with specific results inside of them?

But if you have the option to upgrade to 10.1, the suggestions offered above are really great 🙂
0 Kudos