raster to other format (multiple) Error

05-02-2019 12:47 AM
PariaEttehadi
New Contributor

Hi,

I want to convert my .dat raster files to Tiff. I want to use "raster to other format (multiple)" since I have lot of files to convert to Tiff rasther than expot as Tiff file one by one. But I get an error when I open it from Arc Toolbox before I select my Input rasters and the error is not shown when I click on error sign So I can see what is the problem is!. 

I use Arcmap 10.6 version.

Would someone help me with this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you click on the folder icon beside the input line?  You aren't showing the folder you were navigating to.

Raster To Other Format—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

An error will occur if one of the rasters isn't supported, but I suspect you haven't gotten far enough to select the folder/workspace to make the selection

0 Kudos
PariaEttehadi
New Contributor

I actually select folder and my files many times and I see the same error. I am getting this error before I do anything.

I have tried selecting my input files and the error is like this. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Hmmmm

I don't have arcmap, but it worked in pro.  I converted both ways, so the tool actually works. The 2 source and destination folders were on the C:\ drive... local and real, not a usb drive or other type.  Is your E drive a local hard drive?

0 Kudos
PariaEttehadi
New Contributor

Yes. It is local hard drive. I also try changing my current workspace from environments(somebody says it can help) but it does not help. 

and I can export each files seperately as .Tiff file using "Export" So there is not any problem with my Input files.

The warning shows up as I click on "Raster to other fromat" before I select my input images or other options.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I used a shorter paths... that is the only difference I can see offhand. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paria,

If the error is occurring even before we enter data, that might point to an issue with the installation and not with the data. Can we try a repair install?

1. Open the Control Panel > Programs and Features
  2. Right-click on ArcGIS Pro and select "Uninstall/Change"
  3. Select "Repair" and run the installation

Best,

Lauren 

0 Kudos
PariaEttehadi
New Contributor

Hi lauren,

I actually tried uninstalling and installing again two times but the error continues to showup. 

But I will try it again for being sure.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paria,

We can try a targeted python reset. It generally takes less time than the full uninstall/reinstall:

• Navigate to the C:/Python27 folder
  • Rename the folder Python27_old
  • Run a Repair Install. This will generate a new python27 folder that I'm hoping might fix the error.

Best,

Lauren

0 Kudos