Python Toolbox to Geoprocessing Service failed

07-09-2013 07:22 PM
thanhnguyen6
New Contributor
Hi All:

I am new to ArcGIS any help is appreciate.  🙂

I used ArcMap 10.1 to create Python Toolbox without any parameter.  It ran successfully on desktop.  I then published and ran successfully on Desktop using "GIS Server" and from the Web browser via REST service.  I then add one parameter with type "GPString". Ran successfully on desktop but fail on desktop if using "GIS Server".  It also failed on REST Service.  Fail message is "Error executing tool: ERROR 000816: The tool is not valid".
I then copy the sample "Calculate Sinousity" from the help page ran successfully on the Desktop but failed the same way.

Thanks,
Thanh
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NobbirAhmed
Esri Regular Contributor
As you are new - you can just try using the normal toolbox instead of Python toolbox - give it a try. The product engineer who might answer your question better is on vacation. I'll let him of your issue once he is back.
0 Kudos
thanhnguyen6
New Contributor
Hi Ahmed:
Thank you.   I found out several thing that is wrong.
Note:  I am using version 10.1
1.  Parameter Data Types:   I used "datatype keyword" it failed on the "Server" but it worked on the "Desktop- ArcMap".  I found that with Desktop I can use both "data type" or "datatype keyword" but on the Server it only take "Data Type".  Example I used ("Long" instead of "GPLong" or "String" instead of "GPString")

2.   GDAL - is not working on ArcGIS Server:  Installed GDAL both on Server and Desktop.  I also installed the Python bindings for GDAL 1.8 (I think this is only for the desktop).  This work fine on the Desktop but failed on the Server. It will failed on the sever with this statement "import osgeo".

Thanks,
Thanh
0 Kudos