Model Editing Help!!

06-06-2012 07:38 AM
ElenaSava
New Contributor
Hello All

I've just opened my model in edit mode, tried to run it, and it fails, but it looks like its ready to run. Why wont it run? I have Validated the Entire Model before editing it and adding the new data, however it still seems to just want to run but it has no progress. Any suggestions of why this could happen?

Thank you!!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoelShegrud
New Contributor II
What does it say in the details box?

One thing to try is to run each tool one at a time. Right click on the tool and click on run. This will run the tool based on the data output of the previous tool; if you run them each in order you can see where the hangup is and hopefully get some more specific error data.

It would also be helpful to see your model; you can export it to a jpg. and post it here in the forum.
0 Kudos
ElenaSava
New Contributor
Thank you for replying!

I have attached the model below. The detail box doesn't give me any error messages. And even when I run the tool separately it just shows that its running it but the bar in the detail box doesn't show any progress. The Merge Tool works and the other tools as well its only the Euclidean Distance tool that doesnt show any progress.
0 Kudos
JoelShegrud
New Contributor II
I am afraid I don't have the license for Euclidean distance so I wasn't able to test it.

Have you tried running the tool outside model builder? In the results pane for geoprocessing you may get some more helpful information.

Maybe repost with Euclidean distance in the title and in the tags. 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
ElenaSava
New Contributor
Thanks a lot do you happen to know how to build a model from scratch? I need to make a watershed model but I'm not sure how? Any suggestions there?
0 Kudos
JoelShegrud
New Contributor II
Here is a link to the help on model builder: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/What_is_ModelBuilder/002w0000000100000...
Here is some free training (9.3 but still useful): http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.webCourseDetail&courseID=1276

Build your model to mirror what you would do if you were processing the data manually (one tool at a time).

You will save a lot of time if you read up on model builder tools (such as iterators); pay attention to parameters, data types, an environments.
0 Kudos