Model Builder Variable Option: "Insert Values From Tables" Change 50 row limit?

07-20-2010 07:52 AM
ErikaCohen
New Contributor
In model builder I'm using the "insert values from table" option to populate my input parameter(list). 
The option only inserts the first 50 rows of my table.  My table has 504 rows.  Is there anywhere I can change how many rows it insert?

Thanks,

Erika
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EmmanuelBlondel
New Contributor
In model builder I'm using the "insert values from table" option to populate my input parameter(list). 
The option only inserts the first 50 rows of my table.  My table has 504 rows.  Is there anywhere I can change how many rows it insert?

Thanks,

Erika

Sorry for asking you, i am also using the  "ïnsert values from a table" option to populate my input parameter, i don't know how inserting more than 50 rows but I would like to know if you know, maybe how automating the "insert values from table" in the model builder? My model is creating a table with a field which contains a list of sql queries, and I would like to get this list in a another input, but automatically...by chance, Do you have any idea? Thanks in advance for your answer

Emmanuel
0 Kudos
BBicking1
Esri Contributor
Sorry for asking you, i am also using the  "ïnsert values from a table" option to populate my input parameter, i don't know how inserting more than 50 rows but I would like to know if you know, maybe how automating the "insert values from table" in the model builder? My model is creating a table with a field which contains a list of sql queries, and I would like to get this list in a another input, but automatically...by chance, Do you have any idea? Thanks in advance for your answer

Emmanuel

Hello Erika and Emmanuel,

You can move beyond the 50 entries limit only by manually adding the number of rows you need before you use 'Insert values from table'. The reason this limit is there is because of table validation - it takes long - and working with a large table becomes very wieldy.
In ArcGIS 10 we replaced the series concept with iterators and the Iterate Field Values operator, it  takes a table as input, does what you both want to do.

Barbara Bicking
ESRI - Geoprocessing Team
0 Kudos
TravisPeterson
New Contributor III
Same issue here. I have 9000 records to iterate through-If I only had arcgis 10.  I am looking for a way to work around the 50 row limit with VBA...wish I were a better programmer.  Is there any advice using VBA.
0 Kudos
KenNGA
by
New Contributor

I know this is old, but I'm running the latest version, and this is still an issue.  I have the correct amount of rows (130) and it still results in only adding 50.  Barbara's answer didn't help explain how to use the iterator in this scenario.

0 Kudos
KenNGA
by
New Contributor

For anyone looking for a workaround until we can get an answer, I just had to insert the 50 it allows, then go back to the CSV to remove those 50, save the CSV, then insert the next 50.  It's a little better than doing it manually, but still pretty ridiculous.

Ken

0 Kudos