Model Builder Error Collect Values to Mosaic to New Raster

04-09-2015 06:11 AM
HeatherWelch2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm working on a model to iterate through a series of rasters, perform a couple operations to each raster, collect the values, and then mosaic them together into a new raster. My submodel includes Iterate Rasters>Make Raster Layer>Copy Raster>Collect Values, and then my main model has the Mosaic to New Raster. When I try to connect the output from my submodel to Mosaic to New Raster, I get the error that the number of bands from the input raster must match the number in the output, and I cannot run the model. My original data has 4 bands, but during the submodel I reduce the number to 1, and then my output also has 1. Has anyone else run into this problem in model builder? Any ideas how to get around it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Without your tbx file it's a bit difficult to give you advice.

Model validation can be very tricky for sure. I would the the copy raster would do the trick by creating a verifiably one-band dataset. Perhaps running that output through the Select Data tool will enforce the output's one-banded raster reality.

0 Kudos
HeatherWelch2
New Contributor II

I'm interested to try the Select Data tool and see if it allows Mosaic to New Raster to recognize the number of bands.

As it is, I found a work around. I fed my sub model 'scan1'

submodel.PNG

into the Mosaic tool with Create Raster Dataset run as a precondition - which allowed me to set the number of bands without the model needing to recognize the number of bands in the input.

model.PNG

A little clunky, but it works.

0 Kudos