Model Builder crashing ArcMap in 10.6

Jump to solution
11-29-2018 09:19 AM
AustinStreetman
New Contributor III

Since moving to ArcGIS 10.6 from 10.5, ArcMap is crashing on various edits to new and existing models. It often crashes on connecting a layer to a process in Model Builder. It happens both with layers dragged in from the ArcMap table of contents and with layers created in the model with MakeLayer It does not seem to happen on connecting a feature class to a process. I installed the TLS 1.2 patch that that did not make a difference.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AustinStreetman
New Contributor III

Windows 10 

16 GB RAM

64-bit

ArcGIS 10.6.1.9270

Laptop computer 

NVIDIA Quadro M 10000M display adapter

Updating the NVIDIA driver seems to have fixed this

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I think you need to provide a lot more information. For example what OS are you running this on, Windows XP or modern Windows 10, Memory, Graphic card also is this a PC or a tablet you are using? Have you tried different datasets (local or on network) are just a few examples of what you need to be providing if anyone is going to have a chance at answering this question.

0 Kudos
AustinStreetman
New Contributor III

Windows 10 

16 GB RAM

64-bit

ArcGIS 10.6.1.9270

Laptop computer 

NVIDIA Quadro M 10000M display adapter

Updating the NVIDIA driver seems to have fixed this

AustinStreetman
New Contributor III

Since updating the video driver, I have had more issues with crashes. I have been running with hardware acceleration off, but I am not sure if this helps. I particularly had trouble connecting a layer as an input to tool in a python toolbox. It was crashing every time until I moved all the data so that the path names were shorter. So long path names is definitely an issue.

0 Kudos