Model Builder-calculate field, retain fields after dissolve

09-18-2013 11:21 AM
kiranapandian
New Contributor
Hi,

I am building a model to dissolve a set of feature class through iteration(iterate feature class) in model builder and i am losing fields i want in the table of each feature class. I want to be able to retain the fields after dissolve. Is there any way of doing this?

If not, i am trying to calculate those fields in the table after dissolving it by using the same iteration to join them with the dissolved feature class and then calculating the fields. I am not able to find a way to iterate the field values in order to copy the field from one feature class into another as model builder does not allow more than one iterator(to iterate field values) to be present in the model. Is there another way of doing this?  Can i use a vb script in the expression of field calculator to refer to the field in the other feature class which is used before the dissolve operation so that it copies the field values from the table of the feature class used before dissolve to the table of the feature class after the dissolve operation.

I appreciate any help!

Thank you.
0 Kudos
0 Replies