Mobile Tools - ERROR 000584 Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid

Jump to solution
09-04-2013 03:23 AM
JohnFannon
Occasional Contributor III
I'm currently having issues using either of the Mobile geoprocessing tools (Create Mobile Map and Synchronize Mobile Map) on one particular server. The tools work fine for other users on this server and for me on other servers.

If I user the Create Mobile Map tool, as soon as I select the mxd to use, the following error is displayed:

ERROR 000584
Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid.

Similarly, as soon as I open the Syncronize Mobile Cache tool the same error is displayed.

I have tried clearing out my local and roaming profile (eg. users\<username>\appdata\roaming\ESRI) and this makes no difference. I've also tried removing and re-adding the mobile toolbox tools. I am an admin on the server and have full control on the directory structure where the mxds, caches etc are stored.

Anyone have any idea as to why it's not working or what might cause this error message?

Regards

John
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnFannon
It seems I have found the source of this issue in our case. This was due to somebody else installing the incorrect version of ArcGIS Mobile (v10.1.1) on the server which was running v10 ArcGIS Desktop & Server.

I have no uninstalled Mobile 10.1.1 and reinstalled v10 and the tools are now working as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
christopherfricke2
New Contributor III
Good Afternoon John,

I'm running into this same exact issue.  Did you ever figure out what is going on?

-Christopher
0 Kudos
JohnFannon
No - I didn't resolve this. On one of our servers, this issue still exists and I'm limited to using a second (identical) server to produce caches.

I suspect a full re-install of ArcGIS Mobile may resolve it, but I've not had time to try it.
0 Kudos
JeremyBeasley
New Contributor II
Has anyone found a solution for this? I've run into the exact same problems on my server and now I can't create a new mobile cache for my project. I've tried to reinstall and repair the install and restarted the server. I'm pretty much stuck until I get this resolved. Here's my current info:
ArcGIS Desktop 10
ArcGIS Desktop 10 Service Pack 3

ArcGIS Server 10 - GIS Services
ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework 10 - GIS Services Service Pack 3

ArcGIS License Manager 10
ArcGIS License Manager 10 Service Pack 3

ArcGIS Mobile 10

Any guidance would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
JohnFannon
It seems I have found the source of this issue in our case. This was due to somebody else installing the incorrect version of ArcGIS Mobile (v10.1.1) on the server which was running v10 ArcGIS Desktop & Server.

I have no uninstalled Mobile 10.1.1 and reinstalled v10 and the tools are now working as expected.
0 Kudos