Select to view content in your preferred language

Manage Tile Cache tool output not displaying

yesterday
HenryMain
New Contributor

I have a mosaic data set which is 83gb and displaying correctly, I want to get it on Arc GIS Online using the work flow of:

Create Tile Cache Scheme-> Manage Tile Cache-> Export Tile Cache-> Share Package

When I use the Manage Tile Cache tool it takes about 10 hours, but it outputs a Raster Dataset which is 26gb and not displaying at all. I have tried: running it with the mosaic displaying in the data frame, defining an area of interest, using the generic ArcGIS Online Tile Scheme, and running the process in both  Arc Map10.7 and on Arc Pro 3.0.1.

The output from this SHOULD display right? I have also tried just exporting that output to a TPKX using the Export Tile Cache tool and that output from that will not display. Once I started using an area on interest I could right click and use the ‘zoom to layer’ feature to zoom to where the data SHOULD be, but it still does not display.

We have been running this process on our production server which I understand is not the best practice, is it possible it is not completing correctly because our scripts and it compete for CPU?

I can have this moved off our production server, but I also want to make sure I am not making a more fundamental mistake when using this tool, especially if there is configuration I need to do on the raster dataset after it has been produced.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
0 Replies