Select to view content in your preferred language

Make XY Event Layer available in WebApp Builder

08-25-2017 06:00 AM
OmolaraKareem
Regular Contributor

I am trying to provide my users with a tool that will let them upload .xls and/or .csv files containing xy coordinate data from their systems (desktop, network drive, thumb drive, etc), perform a process and map the result as a point layer. Please view the attached pdf which illustrates what I have tried and failed at (i.e. creating a geoprocessing tool and publishing as a service). I am definitely doing something wrong. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Note: This tool will be incorporated into Portal for ArcGIS WebApp Builder. I am aware that coordinates can be mapped in Portal for ArcGIS, however it only accepts lat/long. We work with UTM and I will not want to pass the headache of always converting to lat/long before mapping to my users or take on the burden myself.

I look forward to any help.

Lara

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlecMarshall1
Emerging Contributor

Jake, I've created a model that mimics yours as well as publishing it as a service with "Uploads" enabled. However, when I go to use the service in a WAB application the Upload button does not appear, any thoughts? Is this feature allowed via AGOL-hosted Web Apps or is it limited to Portal?

Thanks, this thread has been extremely helpful!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alec,

When you were configuring the widget did you specify the 'Upload file' option for the input?

0 Kudos
AlecMarshall1
Emerging Contributor

Oddly enough the "Upload file" option does not appear for me. Perhaps an issue with my model? I notice that my "Type" field under the Input is listed as "GPRecordSet" while yours is "GPDataFile".

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Can you send a screen shot of your model?

0 Kudos
AlecMarshall1
Emerging Contributor

Additionally, the data type for my XY Table parameter is set as "Table" \

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I would try starting over by re-running your model, and then re-publishing the GP service.  It's strange that it's stating a GPRecordSet rather than a GPDataTable.

0 Kudos