Make Query Table

Jump to solution
09-30-2014 03:26 PM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

I am having trouble running the Make Table Query tool.  I have run the tool before with success.  I am trying to create a new feature class with one polygon per related record in a table.  The error I get is :

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

Attribute column not found [42S22:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'V__574.GISID'.] [sde.DBO.QueryTable]

Attribute column not found [42S22:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'V__574.GISID'.] [InputFeatures]

The table was not found. [OutputFeatureClass]

If I run the tool in a model by itself, I get no errors, it's when I try to export the features to a feature class using "Copy Features" that I get the above error.

I am running version 10.2.2

Thanks for any insight in advance

Jeff Ward

Summit County GIS

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffWard

Julia at tech support was able to run the tool.  It turns out the query builder was adding double quotes around my fields, causing something to go wrong with the query.  If I remove the double quotes I am able to run the tool and get the results I need.

I will post further updates as I hear back from tech support

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah

View solution in original post

19 Replies
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II

Can you export your model to a python script and copy the code to another window?

It's heaps easier to troubleshoot that way.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please post your query expression.

0 Kudos
JeffWard

I ended up uninstalling 10.2.2 and reinstalling 10.2 and it worked.  Has anyone been able to run the Make Table Query in 10.2.2?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
SusanJones

ouch

0 Kudos
MitchellWiniecki
New Contributor II

I have not been able to successfully use this tool since upgrading to 10.2.2.  Just another problem in the LONG list of ESRI issues.  I never ceases to amaze me how a worldwide company can put out a product that simply doesn't work.

ESRI Premium Support < GIS Stack Exchange

0 Kudos
JeffWard

I have submitted a support request.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
SusanJones

Good to know I am not the only one struggling to do this.

All I need to be able to hook up with database tables and publish them without needing to first register with ArcSDE and the Geodatabase.

Always worked Cool at ArcGIS 10.0 and ArcGIS 10.1 flavours.

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Julia at tech support was able to run the tool.  It turns out the query builder was adding double quotes around my fields, causing something to go wrong with the query.  If I remove the double quotes I am able to run the tool and get the results I need.

I will post further updates as I hear back from tech support

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Be sure and post a bug # if you get one.

0 Kudos