Line connection verification

07-01-2015 03:20 AM
ayllaBAK
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using ArcGis 10.1. I have to check in my data if some lines are connected to another line but if second line isn't split as shown in attachment. In some cases that is allowed so I can not cut/split all the lines automatically in place where it is the first or last node of the second line. I looked in topology rules but there's no such rule or I'm not looking it right. Please can someone help me.

Thanx in advance.

aylla@aylla

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is not quite clear from your example...do you want to merge the line segments on either side of your selected segment prior to splitting its combination using the second line?  If so, you want to dissolve by unsplitting the connected features should they share a common attribute and are connected by end points.  You can then split.  There are several methods of doing this

ayllaBAK
New Contributor II

I wonder whether there is a tool that can, as in topology when you create rule (for example: do not overlap), to find all the places where one line with it end or beginning is connecting the center of another unsplit line, so I can decide which lines should be split and connect to that first line and which should stay like that.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Aylla,

I did that for my street center line. Just choose the topology rules " Must not have dangles". I know this will point out some cases that you don't care for, but this is the best rule to use to find what you need.

Tim

ayllaBAK
New Contributor II

Hi Tim,

I will try that. Thank you

0 Kudos