Join attribute tables

Jump to solution
05-13-2014 10:14 AM
JuanIrarrazaval
New Contributor
Hello hello!

I wanted to know if it is possible to do this:

I have this shape. It´s about "actual use of land" (uso de suelo) with tree species

And I have this one. It´s about types of soil

Can I join them? To easily know which specie is in wich soil??

THANKS!! Hope its possibleee
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
The Intersect, Union and Identity tools can all do this with polygon inputs.  They differ slightly in the way they handle differences in boundaries and the merging of attributes, but more or less accomplish the same thing when the boundaries of both input layers are identical.  Intersect is available for all license levels, Union is restricted to two input layers whey you do not have an Advanced License and Identity is only available with an Advanced license.

Spatial Join can also be used if you are more concerned with summary data based on spatial overlap rather than actually cutting up all of the polygons to follow all of the boundaries of the two input layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
The Intersect, Union and Identity tools can all do this with polygon inputs.  They differ slightly in the way they handle differences in boundaries and the merging of attributes, but more or less accomplish the same thing when the boundaries of both input layers are identical.  Intersect is available for all license levels, Union is restricted to two input layers whey you do not have an Advanced License and Identity is only available with an Advanced license.

Spatial Join can also be used if you are more concerned with summary data based on spatial overlap rather than actually cutting up all of the polygons to follow all of the boundaries of the two input layers.
0 Kudos
JuanIrarrazaval
New Contributor

COOL, thanks a lot, it looked in chinese at first but i did it! it´s incredible

First, I United both shapes separetly (I don´t know if it's necessary to do this). Then I Intersect both output-united shapes and it worked

thanks again i thought it would be impossible!
0 Kudos