Incorporating Edit functions into Model Builder

06-06-2012 07:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mataharimhairi

I have come to a bump in my model. I would like to be able to trim a polyline to a specific length (metres), which is possible manually using the Trim to Length function available from the Editor toolbar. I can not however get this included into my model, so that it can be automated. I am aware that Modelbuilder is for geoprocessing tools, but is there some way I can add this function into my model, possibly as a script. Any help is greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I have come to a bump in my model. I would like to be able to trim a polyline to a specific length (metres), which is possible manually using the Trim to Length function available from the Editor toolbar. I can not however get this included into my model, so that it can be automated. I am aware that Modelbuilder is for geoprocessing tools, but is there some way I can add this function into my model, possibly as a script. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you tried Trim Line tool from the editing toolbox? (This a new toolbox at 10.0.)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mataharimhairi

I have, but unfortunately it only trims Polylines to a certain length past the dangle/intersection of another Polyline, which doesn't help me. I really just want it to be trimmed to a specified length from one end of the Polyline, which the Trim to Length function from the Editor Toolbar does perfectly! I just need to find a way to incorporate the function into ModelBuilder!
0 Kudos
ChrisFetsch
New Contributor
Hello mataharimhairi,

I too have this exact same problem.  I've tried Geometric Networks, Relationships, Path Distance tool, Trim Line tool, and looked into Linear Referencing, Network Analyst, and more.  If you or anyone else has found the solution, please share. 

Thank you,
CAFetsch
0 Kudos